Wednesday 30 January 2013

What's in my Beach Bag?



1.
Always a hat - I like a classic Panama like the 'Eva' from my 2013 collection - being a blonde, my hair is more susceptible to damage from the sun, so this is great for protecting my head & of course, it looks pretty cool too!

2.
Some make-up - emphasis on the some, I don't understand people that head to the beach with a full face of make-up, but I do like to take the essentials. You never know who is going to invite you to a lunchtime barbecue after all! My favourites are Rodial moisturiser, Bobbi Brown concealer, Laura Mercier tint, Creme de la Mer lipbalm & Nars blush in iconic 'Orgasm' that suits everyone.

3.
My iPod - I can't hit the beach without it. At the moment I love Lana del Rey, Jessie Ware & Washed Out - all great for the beach.

4.
Shiseido sun protection lotion - I can't reinforce just how important it is to make sure you protect your skin in the sun & this lotion is great for that. Light, non-sticky & smells great too.

5.
My camera - I love taking pictures of my surroundings - great architecture, beautiful sights, street-style, food - all the things I use as inspiration for my designs.

6.
A couple of good books. I've read The Help more times than I can remember & I still love it. I'll also be re-reading classic The Great Gatsby the next time I go away, I can't wait to see the movie either!

7.
Toni & Guy Salt Spray - like I said, you can't be sure when you're going to be invited to an impromptu beach barbecue or cocktail hour, so if I do have to get rid of the hat, I like to embrace the beach look with this spray. Gives that cool, beachy, bedhead style, I love it.

8.
Tkees flip flops are SO comfortable & take up no room in my bag. We sell them in my Notting Hill & Chelsea boutiques so I'll stock up on a few pairs in different colours before I go away.

9.
I have to take a sketchbook away with me - I'm always at my most creative whilst away - so I need to get those ideas scribbled down quickly before I forget them. I love these leather-bound ones that you can usually buy by the beach that hardly cost anything & are a great souvenir from your trip too.

10.
Sunglasses, of course, who could go to the beach without them!? I like these Miu Miu ones - not too big but still classic & chic.




No comments:

Post a Comment